Healthcare Valuation Manager
What they are looking for
Our client, a healthcare management consulting firm, is seeking a Business Valuation Manager.
This position supports their clients and their Finance line of business team by overseeing the conduct of a variety of health care business valuation engagements primarily, but not exclusively, for the provider segment. As a key member of the valuation group, you will provide day to day management of engagement teams and client relationships (current and new), requiring significant technical expertise and exceptional relationship skills.
In this dynamic role, you will have the opportunity to manage a variety of engagements, interact with clients and staff, and be an integral part of the business valuation and transaction advisory services practice.
While it is preferable that the Manager work in either our Philadelphia or New York City offices, working from a remote location elsewhere in the nation is also an option, for the right candidate.
What the position will be doing
- Understand the regulatory environment, mechanics of healthcare reimbursement, entity and arrangement types, and overall industry trends and risks
- Recognize and analyze problems regarding transactions and the conceptual framework for fair market and strategic value
- Responsible for analysis of a variety of business arrangements between hospitals and physicians – to assure compliance with fair market value and commercial reasonableness
- Oversee the development of engagement deliverables by more junior staff, reviewing for technical accuracy, quality, completeness, timeliness, and use of appropriate language
- Lead efforts to ensure that client work is performed consistent with company standards, including adherence to the firm’s quality assurance policies and procedures
- Developing professional relationships with potential clients and law firms to drive business development opportunities, including specific KPIs for business development activities and results
- Contributing to the development or quality review of firm-designated tools, processes, and methodologies to ensure greater efficiency, higher productivity, and greater project quality
- Accurately analyzing client needs and expectations to identify and utilize firm-wide resources and subject matter expertise in maximizing client satisfaction
- Manage and mentor analysts and associates assigned to projects; drive focus on identified client strategies and objectives that contribute to successful performance and the firm’s competitive advantage
- Supervise staff by proactively sharing knowledge, use of tools, approaches and methodologies established by the firm
- Guide staff in research, data collection and analytics
- Act as a key client liaison, including building client relationships through serving as a key point person for client questions, attendance at client meetings, and being proactive in anticipating client needs and questions
- Participate in report and proposal writing
Necessary Skills, Education & Abilities
- 5 or more years of experience working within a health care business valuation consulting practice or firm preferred
- Credentialled as a valuator (ASA, CPA/ABV, CFA, CVA); experience with an additional specialty such as financial reporting and purchase price allocation, or option modeling for earn-outs, a plus
- An MHA, MHSA or MBA (or equivalent degree) in healthcare management, or equivalent work experience
- A genuine interest in consulting for hospitals and health systems, provider contracting organizations, health plans, and other health services companies
- Established proficiency in use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Communication and presentation skills and the ability to interact with and present findings to clients with clarity and confidence
- Relentless attention to detail
About our client
They are a healthcare management consulting firm that partners with their clients to provide guidance and assistance with strategic initiatives, mergers and transactions, valuations, physician integration and emerging payment models. They rely on data-driven analyses, financial acumen, and their collective experiences to prepare customized solutions for their clients’ needs.
They recognize that our people are our greatest assets. Their fundamental desire as an employer is to be the best place you’ve ever worked. They know this is a lofty goal and not easily achieved.
- Their people are incredibly talented and driven, but also believe that the professional environment in which they spend so much of our time should be both stimulating and fun.
- They don’t simply want to impact their clients and the healthcare industry, they make it happen.
- They are a growing healthcare management consulting firm and offer every employee the opportunity to shape our future.
- Many companies talk about work-life balance, but they live it. While their work can be demanding, they ensure our employees have the capacity to pursue the things they love outside of the office.
- Finally, they are an ESOP company, providing growing employee ownership to all employees.
What sets them apart
- Fiercely committed to helping clients solve difficult problems
- Not just interested in the details, but obsessed with getting them right
- Intelligent and accomplished, while striving to continually improve and develop
- Team players who put “we” far in front of “me”
- Engaged and enthusiastic life-long learners
- Passionate about the healthcare industry
- Self-starters who are also comfortable asking the necessary questions to get the job done
Converge HR Solutions and our clients provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.