Director of Special Education (Staffing Firm)
Our client is currently seeking a Director, Special Education (within a Staffing Firm) to manage both internal and external relationships for the Special Education team for a rapidly growing staffing organization. He/She/They will manage, lead, and provide oversight of their K-12 clinical and non-clinical school teams & partnerships. The ideal candidate will be a customer-oriented and flexible leader, with a deep understanding of K-12 special education. If you have a passion for building relationships with clients and employees, leading the daily operations of a service provider, and being a key part of their growth, we want to hear from you.
About the role
Critical parts of the job
- Build and maintain a collaborative, authentic relationship with school leaders, including on-site school visits and regular meetings.
- Conduct meetings with school partners to assess clinical needs, evaluate current staffing performance, and ensure special education compliance.
- Foster strong relationships with all field staff members by providing clinical support, coaching, resources, and guidance.
- Routinely conduct meetings with each individual clinical staff member to better understand their needs, obstacles, the clients they support, and any additional and/or future resources.
- Strengthen the sense of community by working with lead clinicians and facilitating communities of practice, encouraging communication with and among staff members.
- Support staff recruitment with recruiting (networking) and interviewing.
This Position will be focused on:
Being a primary point of contact: You will lead the effort to proactively manage their school partners, ensuring their satisfaction. You will also be at the hub of contact for the field staff to better understand how things are going in the field, both challenges and successes, to ensure efficient and effective operational processes are in place.
Owning the process: You will own the operations for their Special Education team and work with staff. They will be looking to you to solve problems, give insight, and direct resources, all the while building a culture of teamwork, transparency, and customer focus.
Leading the challenge to the status quo: You will develop a deep understanding of how things work at the company to identify potential areas of concern and improvement and be the champion of how to improve the company’s delivery of clinical staffing services, constantly asking the questions “what can we do better” and “how can we improve” of both the customers and the employees.
Skills, Education & Abilities
- A self-motivated strategic thinker and doer with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- A customer-centric focus with the ability to build strong relationships with clients and employees.
- A curious and inquisitive leader able to proactively identify areas of improvement and work with all parties to execute on any improvement plans.
- A critical-thinking problem-solver who is able to provide solutions to both client and staff issues.
- A thoughtful and empathetic leader able to lead and inspire people both inside and outside the company.
- The ability to juggle competing priorities and be flexible to changing priorities and demands on your time.
- A Master’s degree or higher in a special education-related field.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in the special education field, preferably in a K-12 setting.
- Three (3) or more years of experience in an educational leadership role will be required.
- Working knowledge of special education compliance.
- Ability to manage multiple clinical disciplines and school leaders at various locations.
About our client
Our client is a Philadelphia-based therapeutic staffing firm serving the Greater Delaware Valley. Their mission is to provide outstanding care to students and patients in our communities through managed service delivery of educational and/or rehabilitative services so critical to successful outcomes. Founded over 40 years ago, they focus exclusively on the Southeastern PA and South New Jersey areas. Their experience and ability to adapt to today’s rapidly changing healthcare environment have secured their success and allowed them to touch as many lives as possible.
Converge HR Solutions and our clients provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.