Construction Site Supervisor
What is our client is looking for
Our client is looking for a Construction Site Supervisor that will oversee construction sites for the company. The individual in this role will oversee construction crews and contractors, monitor performance, and ensure that deadlines are being met. He/She/They will also help with projects are staying within budget and the crews have required materials and equipment. The Site Supervisor is also responsible for compliance to construction and site safety code.
What the position will be doing
- Ensure teams are working together to deliver quality work within scheduled deadlines.
- Monitor the construction progress and provide any necessary guidance.
- Monitor adherence to all health and safety regulations.
- Preform equipment, material, and routine site inspections.
- Schedule regular meetings with vendors, inspectors, managers, and staff.
- Work closely with the architects and engineers.
- Coordinate reports, updates to plans and budget with the Project Manager.
- Regularly communicate any updates, problems, and issues with the Project Manager.
- Stay up to date with safety codes and advancements in construction.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as necessary. Remains flexible and adaptable in work schedules and work assignments as defined by departmental and organization needs.
Necessary Skills, Education & Abilities
- A high school degree or equivalent required.
- Previous work experience in supervising commercial construction sites necessary.
- Experience in a leadership/supervisor role will be an advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Familiarity with construction/project management software.
- Ability to be highly transparent, ethical, and driven. Relentless attention to detail, and the ability to be a creative self-starter and team player.
- Excellent organization skills, written and verbal communication skills, and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to be customer service oriented and communicate with all levels within an organization as well as with clients and vendors.
- Ability to think and act independently, formulate and support new ideas, and champion new initiatives within and beyond the scope of own responsibilities.
- Ability to ensure tasks are appropriately delegated and completed to standards by monitoring performance and holding staff accountable.
- Ability to organizes resources, personnel, and actions for successful completion of programs and tasks.
- Ability to create a positive team environment in which employees participate, respect, and cooperate with each other to achieve unit objectives and goals.
Converge HR Solutions and our clients provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.